"Acumen comes from learning from other people’s successes; wisdom comes from learning from their mistakes."
Build your business acumen & get smarter about business decision-making with this case study.
Russian billionaire Len Blavatnik made over $30 billion in just two business deals.
The case study covers:
- the impact of the internet on the music industry (remember that ~10 years ago, it was a very scary time for traditional media of all kinds with Netflix & Amazon killing Blockbuster and brick-and-mortar bookstore Borders)
- the rise of music streaming
- Russian Billionaire Len Blavatnik’s business deals
- The purchase and recent IPO of Warner Music Group
- Concise analysis and actionable insights you can use today
Specific Blavatnik deals discussed include:
- the 2004 minority stake in Perform Group
- the 2007 creation of LyondellBasell
- the 2009 bankruptcy of LyondellBasell
- the 2011 acquisition of WMG
- the 2014 acquisition of Perform Group
- the 2020 Warner IPO stake
Get crisp analysis of Blavatnik's strategies and actionable insights you can use today.
Over 30 hours of research and writing went into this case study to create a streamlined PDF that is concise yet packed with insight.
Think of it as CliffsNotes for real-world business strategy & decision-making. It's a whole semester's worth of study in just a few pages.
Get smarter by learning from real business mistakes and successes.